This is really easy and the results are worth the month-long wait
Moroccan Preserved Lemons
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Just cover the bottom of a mason jar with salt, quarter the lemons and place a couple in the jar, salt them, then add more. Continue adding lemon quarters and salt until the jar is full.
- A lot of the lemon juice will come out; make sure it covers all the lemons before you put the lid on the jar. Note: You should leave a small air space at the top of the jar as some fermentation occurs.
- Shake the jar daily. If the lid starts to bulge, hold the jar over the sink and carefully loosen the lid and let out some of the gas build-up.
- These are ready to eat in 30 days and will keep unrefrigerated for at least a year. To use: remove from jar, discard the lemon pulp keeping only the rind. Rinse well to remove salt.
- Servings : Varies
- Course : Condiments/Sauces