Totally rustic take on a classic fall soup. With or without bacon, it makes a satisfying meal served with crusty bread and a salad.
Totes Rustic Potato and Leek Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 medium sized leek thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- about 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 medium stalk of celery, chopped
- approx. 1.5 lbs yellow potatoes, unpeeled, rough dice
- 2 cloves garlic
- sprig of thyme
- bay leaf
- small handful chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- approx. 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- crumbled crispy bacon (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the leek, onion, fennel, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Stir until the vegetables are just softened.
- Add potatoes, stock and parsley. Bring to a boil then simmer about 30 minutes until potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Add the cream and simmer 5-10 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in tsp more parsley if desired. Serve topped with bacon or not.