I combined my favourite curry paste with a roast pumpkin soup and came up with this
Pumpkin Spice Laksa
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 pie pumpkin (like baby head size)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon Laksa paste (available at most Asian groceries)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 green onion
- hot sauce
- chicken stock
- Slice the top off of the pumpkin, clean out the goop and roast at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes; until it's very soft and the skin is starting to blacken.
- Dice onion, carrot and celery and sauté with butter in a soup pot for about 2 minutes until soft.
- Add Laksa paste and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Scoop the cooked flesh out of the pumpkin and add to soup. Just barely cover with stock and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth (You can add some coconut milk or more stock at this point if it is too thick)
- Serve drizzled with coconut milk and hot sauce and topped with minced cilantro and green onion.
- In the photo, I roasted a second pumpkin for use as a bowl. Do this for a shorter time as over-cooking it will cause the shell to become too soft and you'll have soup all over the place (I may have experienced this).
- Servings : 2
- Ready in : 80 Minutes
- Course : Soup
- Recipe Type :