Turkey Dumplings and Broth
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- I lb minced turkey
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-4 small, hot chiles (such as bird) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for frying
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- wonton wraps
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine the meat, 3/4 cup of the onions, the chiles, about 1.5 tablespoons of ginger, the garlic, the oil and 3/4 of the cilantro. Season well with salt and pepper and place in the fridge for about an hour
- Sauté the remaining onions and ginger in a small pot, season and add the stock. Let simmer
- To assemble the dumplings, place a scant tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper, wet the edges with a little water, fold it over and pinch it closed. Repeat and place the dumplings in a single layer in an oiled bamboo steamer (or steamer tray)
- Steam for about 20-25 minutes.
- To finish the broth, add the remaining cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes. Place a few dumplings in a bowl and ladle the stock over top making sure to get some bits of ginger, onion and cilantro.
- Can be served with a spoonful of chutney or a cilantro pesto.
- Servings : 6
- Recipe Type : Dinner