- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- stalk celery, finely diced
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 head garlic, separated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Shells and bodies from 3 lobster (use the leftovers from a lobster dinner and use what you can)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshley ground black pepper
- Sour cream and chives for garnish.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the vegetables, cooking until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute more before adding the lobster shells and sherry
- Add the white wine, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pot, stirring until almost completely reduced.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot, and stir well, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the stock, mixing so it is smooth and free of lumps, then drop in the garlic, bay leaves, italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and gently cook for 30-40 minutes. If any foam appears on the surface, skim it away.
- Strain the bisque, reserving only the liquid, return to a simmer, add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with sour cream and chives.